Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Happy Birthday, Graham!

Newborn Graham
3 year-old Graham enjoying his b-day lunch
My little guy turned 3 yesterday! What would our lives be without him? Boring, very boring. He is hilarious! He seems to get more and more funny every day.

We didn't do anything too exciting for his big day, but I think he had a good one.
We had Happy Meals at the "Pirate Park" with our neighbors. My kids love them some McDonald's.


After dinner, we came home and had cupcakes.

What a handsome kid! He got some new Superman PJ's because he's been wearing his 18 month pair for a while now and they are looking a little snug. He also got a Star Wars ship with a little Luke Skywalker, R2D2 and a dragon that he's been playing with all day. He's never seen Star Wars, but that doesn't seem to matter.
There are so many things I've been wanting to document about my kiddos lately. I'm going through this phase where I'm nervous about forgetting my kids at this age. It makes me so sad to think about. So....in an effort to remember some of the funny things he's doing now, here's my list:
  • For a while he was very into talking like a robot or making his toys be robots. Robot snake, robot dog, etc. He used a very funny robot voice.
  • He calls birds, "birgs" and I love it. He chases after them anytime he spots one.
  • A week or two ago I was talking to Jason as we were all driving in the car and I must of had a stressed or mean sounding voice because out of nowhere, he yelled, "Chill, Mom!" I wonder where he got that??? Hmmm.....
  • A few days ago he started saying, "I don't like you." He says it very matter of factly, but it still wasn't nice. It took him a while to understand that he couldn't say that to me. He was just stating the facts.
  • We went swimming when we first moved here and a not-so-small lady was climbing in and Graham turned to me and pointed, "Hey, Mom! Is that a giant?" Proud moment....I'm REALLY hoping she didn't understand him. He's very into giants. Being pregnant, I have been called a giant many times. Nice....very nice.
  • When Lucy's tooth fell out, Graham looked at her and asked, "You got a hole?"
  • At night, after he gets his jammies on, Graham stuffs his blanket into his shirt and marches around saying, "Fee Fy Fo Fum!" He uses a gruff, mad voice. I need to get it on video.
  • My personal favorite thing is when he walks in after being gone and says, "I'm here! You missed me?" Imagine a very enthusiastic voice

    That's just a few of his latest antics. I'm loving his age right now. He cracks us up several times a day. I'm not loving the potty training phase that we started today.......





2 comments:

Wright's said...

Happy Birthday Graham! He really is such a cutie. I can see him saying everything. I keep trying to figure out where you hung everything now that your muscles are home. From what I can see it looks good. I like your stools where did you find them? You'll have to give us all a tour now that your really moved in. I miss you guys so much.

Nate and Jill said...

Wow! Graham is 3? He was just a baby yesterday! I love the funny things you wrote about him. He is one great kid! We miss you guys but hope you are doing fabulous!