Saturday, April 25, 2009

Road Trip to Denver

With Jason gone, I have been desperate to find activities and adventures that will help the time go by more quickly. My dear friend, Lichelle, and I decided to venture out to visit our other buddy, Katie, in Stapleton, CO (basically, Denver). We had such a fabulous time and the week flew by way too quickly. Katie has a super fun park right near her house. The kids loved it. Here's Graham cheesin' it up for the camera.
Katie's poor dog was tortured most of the week. The kids couldn't get enough. Lucy wants a dog sooooo badly, but I keep putting her off and will continue to put her off for at least 5 more years. Here's Lindee and Lucy walking Rex with the double leash.

The sandbox was a hit all week. The kids were very entertained. Lucy and Miles paused for a Kodak moment. A lot of the sand ended up in the house, but between the 3 moms, we were able to keep it swept up.
Here's Graham and Elli trying to get as much dirt as they can to stick to their bodies. Most of it ended up in their hair this particular day.

Bedtime was an adventure all it's own. It took us a couple hours to get 7 kids settled down for the night. Here's Lichelle trying to calm them down with a book.
Here's the whole gang at the Bass Pro Shop that we visited one morning.
Miles, (love the face he's pulling) Lucy, Ava, Graham, Lindee, Elli and Zander
This place was a hit. They loved seeing all the animals and watching the fish in the massive fish tank.
Here's Graham in front of the huge fish tank. He loved it!

One night during the week, Steve, being the generous man that he is, was willing to watch all 7 of the kids so the moms could go to dinner. Here we are on one of the well known streets of Denver (I want to say Larimer Way, but I don't think that's right). We went to a fabulous restaurant and one of the highlights of the night was when Lichelle sang her heart out when Milli Vanilli music came on.
Here's 6 of the 7 kids chowin' down on some popcorn as they watch Kung Fu Panda.
Here's how the 5 kids rode 7-8 hours in the car. What a bunch of troopers. I have to say the drive there was 5 times better than the drive home. Sheesh!


Here's the 3 of us in all of our morning glory before Lichelle and I took off for home.
We had such a fun week. Thanks to Steve and Kate for being such fabulous hosts. They were very laid back and didn't let the fact that 7 kids were destroying their house and traumatizing their dog phase them (at least they acted very well). I loved our evening chats after the kids were asleep and the car ride talks Lichelle and I had. I've been blessed to know and love these two gals for about half of my life and I am so grateful for the friendship that we have.
When I move back to CA, they'll have to make a road trip out to see me, again. These kind souls traveled 12 hours to Lemoore a few years back. They must really love me!





















































2 comments:

L said...

Cali here we come:):)

That was definately a memorable trip and I am so glad we went. I couldn't ask for better friends!

Steve and Kim... said...

awww...you guys are so cute! looks like you had a blast. and you really should let me come on the calfornia road trip lichelle and katie!