Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Fun

Our Easter festivities started Saturday morning when I took the kids to an Easter egg hunt in Kaysville. You can't see his face very well, but he is not happy. Graham was a grouch for nearly the entire time. He was only smiling during the 2.5 minutes that he was actually hunting for eggs. When we first walked up to the park, I'm pretty sure Graham thought he saw his Daddy. When he realized it wasn't him, he was not a happy camper.
We met up with the Perry's. Here are all the kiddos with their loot.

In one of Graham's eggs, their was a pirate eye patch. He got pretty good at saying, "ARRRRR!"
Saturday evening Grandma helped the kids color some eggs.
Here's Goose with one of her favorites.


Sunday morning I had to wake the kids up so that we could fit everything in before 9:00 church. Lucy and Graham were both excited about their sunglasses from the Easter Bunny. Although Lucy was not to enthusiastic about the Winnie the Pooh kite she got. Not a Pooh fan, I guess....who knew?
Here's Graham in his studly green glasses. This boy loves the color green and points it out everywhere.
The Easter Bunny also hid a bunch of eggs around the living room. Some of the eggs had questions about Easter or songs to sing about the Savior. It's a small attempt to bring a little spirituality into the holiday.
Here's my two sweeties in their Easter outfits from Grandma and Grandpa.
Jason called that morning and the kids and I were able to talk to him for a while. I think it really helps Lucy to be able to hear his voice and talk to him about what's going on in her life. Graham enjoys it, too, but I think it confuses him. He asks about him more and doesn't really get why he's not here. It's hard enough when you understand why he's gone. Hopefully, it'll get a little easier as time goes on.
That evening we had dinner with everyone here at the house. The weather was beautiful and so we spent a lot of time in the backyard visiting and watching the kids play. Heidi hid some more eggs and the kids searched them out. The eggs each told a different part of Christ's death and resurrection followed with a question. Some of the scriptures she read and questions she asked got me thinking about my testimony of the Savior and his purpose. I am eternally grateful for his sacrifice and for all he suffered for me. I feel so blessed to know of his Atonement and what that means for me in my life.



























1 comment:

Lacey said...

Maggie...what a great idea to incorporate the spiritual. I am curious what questions she asked. I really like that and how you included songs about the Savior and thoughts about Him as well. I'm glad you had a good Easter. And congrats on winning at Masterpiece!