Friday, April 24, 2009

Happy News!

Ray baby #3 is on the way! We are very excited and hopeful that all will be well with our little one.
I am about 12 weeks along, although with some of the problems I've been having, it seems more like 30. In these short 12 weeks I've had 5 ultrasounds already and a few scary bleeding episodes. I have what's called a subchorionic hemorrhage, which is a large word that basically means the placenta is pulling away and causing trouble. I'm supposed to be "taking it really easy", so I'm doing that the best I can with help from my family. I don't know what I would have done if I had stayed in California and had these problems. I'm so grateful to them for all they are doing for my kids and I.

My due date is November 4, and Jason returns the end of August. So, he'll be around to deal with me at my crankiest and biggest. Dreams of looking super hot and toned when he returns have been replaced with nightmares of outweighing him by 30 pounds and him not recognizing me when he gets off the plane.

We feel very blessed to be expecting another child and to be surrounded by such a wonderful support system while Jason is gone. Hopefully our children will survive 4 more months without their Dad......their Mom isn't a very chipper pregnant person.

14 comments:

The Youngs said...

No way!!! CONGRATS!!! :) That's SO exciting! I hope things continue to go well & you have less scares as your pregnancy progresses. And how awesome to be around so much family and friends that are willing to help you out when you need it. Can't wait to hear how things go as your belly gets bigger! Miss you guys!

Alesa said...

Congrats! It's So wonderful when things work out so nicely.

The Cooper's said...

Yea! Congrat's! That is so exciting and fun. It's hard to "take it easy" with little ones that need your constant love and attention. Hang in there! You guys will be in our thoughts and prayers!!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad to hear you are doing well--and very relieved. Take care of yourself, and give me a call when you need a lunch out!

Emily K. said...

Congratulations!!! Those 3rd babies are hard. Mine has definitely not been a walk in the park either. I think we're getting too old to have kids. . . I should have started when I was 20. Hope everything turns out okay. Sorry your husband is away, but I'm glad he will be back in time to help you with the last couple months. I am there now, and I cry to Jake every night. What would I do without him?

paulandbrianna said...

Congrats guys! That is so exciting. At least Jason remembers you thin and toned, at our current rate I don't even remember what being in shape is or what I used to look like. But you have to love those precious gifts given to us. Good luck on the rest of the pregnancy.

JBBGirl said...

So HAPPY for you all! That is wonderful! Make sure to take it easy. If you were in California...I would have been more than happy to come over everyday to clean or do laundry or take the kids for you! So glad you are with family. There is nothing better then family to care for you! Miss you! Take it easy!! HUGS!!

Kelsey said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for you. You are my hero for doing all this while your hubby is far away. I'm glad you can at least be by family. Take care of yourself!

Todd and Jordyn Johnson said...

Im so happy for you guys! You will definatley be in our prayers!

Aimee said...

Maggie! Way exciting news! Being skinny and tone is way overrated anyway. (That's what I tell myself when it's time to go to the gym anyway)
Being pregnant is waaay better.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Maggie, Good luck with everything!

Tami said...

congratulations! I told Joseph and he said that was good timing on Jason's part. I gave him a good whack. We're really happy for you and hope all goes well. It would be fun to see you sometime in the summer while I'm in UT. I'll have Kalleen arrange something.

Raber Family said...

congrats! We'll keep you in our prayers! Your family is missed! Love you all.

Kelli said...

I almost missed this post! (I haven't been keeping up on the blog scene lately.) Congratulations!!! So how far along are you now? Pretty close to finding out the gender, no?
Yay for you!