Wednesday, January 21, 2009

What We've Been Up To....

Like I mentioned before, we're living at Mom and Dad's house now and we're slowly finding our routine and looking for ways to fill the days. I celebrated my 29th birthday on the 10th. I requested frosted sugar cookies over the traditional cake. They were fabulous! Thanks, Mom! That weekend we enjoyed some Chinese takeout, went shopping, and saw Bride Wars (I really like it). My family tried hard to fill the void I have with Jason being gone.
Here's Graham and I enjoying some of the birthday goodness.

We found a great sledding hill right behind the house! Just a short little walk away. We've made our way over there a few times this month already. Graham goes down with me and the whole way he says, "WAHOO! That's bun!" Lucy goes slides on down like a champ and really enjoys being outside.
I sent the two of them down together a couple times, but both times they biffed it pretty hard. After they cried for just a second, I was surprised how quickly they jumped up and were ready to go again.
Graham wanted to keep his mittens on for a while after our return. Here he is with his hot chocolate.
Grandma and Grandpa got a Wii for Christmas, so there's been a lot of Mario Cart and Wii Sports going on here at the house. We just have to give Graham a controller and he thinks he's driving or bowling right along with everybody. Lucy has made friends quickly and I'm so glad! Here she is with some of her buddies. She has loved being so close to her cousins, Abby and Oliver, but it's nice that she has branched out and started spending time with other kids, too.

The month seems to be crawling by, but we're doing fine. I worry about the kids and how they are doing all the time, but they seem to be okay. We have more tantrums and breakdowns than usual, but I expected that much. My heart just breaks when they ask for Dad and wonder where he is. Only 9 more days and we'll get him here for a whole week!!!














3 comments:

The Youngs said...

Cute pictures! Maybe if we ever come back to Utah we could meet up with the kids.

How was your weekend with Jason?

Nells-Bells said...

happy late birthday! i too am a fan of frosted sugar cookies. those look so good!

Kelli said...

I totally forgot your birthday! Sorry. Hope it was a great one.