Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Our Final Days in Lemoore

Our final couple weeks in Lemoore are a bit of a blur because of all that we were trying to accomplish. Jason was gone for over 2 weeks for work and so I was on my own until my sister, Beth, came in on the train to help me.

We had the Navy move us this time around, so a company came in to pack us up, but there was a lot of prep work that had to be done. I had to decide what I wanted to take with me to have during my 9 month stay in Utah. There were also my two little ones that needed to be tended to during all the chaos.

Through all the craziness, we managed to make some fun-filled memories. Here are some pictures of our good times in no particular order (I couldn't get them uploaded in the order I wanted).


Here's Lucy at her last day of class before Christmas break. They all made reindeer ears and got to be Rudolph.

There was an adorable kindergarten program prior to their party. Lucy was singing the songs all month as they prepared for the big day. My favorite song was "Kwanzaa". So cute!

As I mentioned before, Beth came to assist me in the move. We made a couple trips to our favorite ice cream spot, Fosters Freeze.

Lucy spent a lot of time with Caleigh and Audrey while the movers were packing our house up. We're sure going to miss these guys!

The Lemoore Ward has an annual Christmas breakfast. Lucy got to see Santa and tell him one more time that she really wants an American Girl Doll.

She also got to be an angel in the chorus for the Nativity program that the primary put on.

I'm going to miss these guys so much! My great friend and neighbor, Tara, put on a farewell party for me. Lots of my friends from the ward came to visit and do some karaoke.

I sang, "Somewhere Beyond the Sea". As you can see from Beth's face, it wasn't too impressive.

Lucy also finished up her soccer season. She was pretty excited about her star trophy.
I've been sitting here thinking about what to say about our time in Lemoore and I have to say that I get teary just thinking about it. We were so blessed to have such amazing friends and neighbors during our time there. It seems that you look forward to moving on to the next thing, but when you finally do, your heart hurts for all the people you won't see anymore.
I hope all our friends there know how much we appreciate and love them. We will always look back on our time in Lemoore with a big smile and happy heart. (Right now it's a sad heart because I miss it so much). I know that we have made some life long friends. Please stay in touch!!!









No comments: