Monday, January 12, 2009

Big Changes....

Well, the new year has begun and some big changes have taken place with the Ray family. The kids and I are living with my parents while Jason is deployed to Iraq or Afghanistan (we still don't know which one). Right now Jason is in Mississippi taking a class he needed to finish before leaving with his battalion. He won't officially deploy until the end of February.

Although we'll get to see him a few more times here and there before he leaves for the Middle East, the kids and I sure do miss him. I am so grateful for all the help my Mom and Dad are giving me already, but once the kids are down for the night, I miss him terribly. We've known his deployment was coming for a while, but how do you prepare emotionally for your husband and Daddy to leave?

Our routine is starting to settle in and we're transitioning into every day life. I get to see Jason this weekend! I'm flying to Gulfport, Mississippi for the weekend!!
We love you, Dad!


9 comments:

The Youngs said...

Maggie! I just wanted to send lots and lots of HUGE hugs! We really miss you guys. How long will Jason be gone? I haven't had to go thru a deployment with an older child, so I don't have any advice there. But it seems like you are in good hands, staying with your parents. That should help you and the kids out a lot. And I think it will also help to ease Jason's mind while he is away.

Caylee was a brand new baby when Kyle left, and so I know that was hard on me. I have been through 2 deployments. They are hard, but I somehow managed to get by. Take each day as they come, and if that's too much take life moment by moment. Make time for yourself and keep busy. Those things helped me out a lot.

I am already dreading Kyle leaving when we are on sea duty again. Caylee will be old enough this time to realize that her daddy isn't home. And hopefully, by then, we'll have another child too. I have heard that having the spouse record themselves reading books helps the kids, as well as maybe making a special video they can watch whenever they miss him. Those are some ideas I plan on putting to use when Kyle deploys again.

Have fun with Jason over the weekend! And if you ever need anything or need to vent, cry, whatever: call me or e-mail me!

Amanda said...

Jason is one lucky man!!! My thoughts and prayers are with you that these months go by as quick as possible. Hopefully we can help them go by with some fun girl's nights! : )

Tami said...

I hate nights alone! I'm glad you have your family. You look so hot in that picture of you and Jason. I'm sure he's looking forward to seeing you too.

Nate and Janie said...

Maggie that is a great picture of you and Jason! You look fabulous!! I hope all is well with you guys while Jason is away. I could not do it - you are a strong gal! I hope you had a great birthday!!

A & M Ras said...

We will keep you guys in our prayers. Thanks you for doing what you are doing for our country.

Emily K. said...

What a beautiful couple you are. Good luck in the coming weeks. It's probably nice to be with your parents, so you're not a total single mom. I will be thinking of you as well.

Wright's said...

Maggie that is one hot picture. You look good. I'm sad you can't come with us this weeekend. Have fun with Jason.

MelissaC said...

Hey Mags! I would love to get together with you while you're here, so email me if you want to get together. You are much stronger than I am cause I'm a mess when Mike's gone for a night! I'm glad you're with your family. Hang in there.

Kindred Family said...

You look hot in that picture Mag! I hope you're doing well and that you enjoy your weekend with Jason!