Monday, December 17, 2007

Goodbye, Gilmore Girls

It's over. We finished the 7th and final season of Gilmore Girls on Saturday night. I'd had watched it a few times, but never for very long. But then we started with season 1 this summer and continued to Netflix them through season 6. Season 7 didn't come out on DVD until mid-november and then we had to be on a waiting list to get it. Finally, they arrived and we zoomed through them much too quickly. We should have savored each episode. When we realized we were on the last disc, Jason made some no-bake cookies in a feeble attempt to make it more of an event. I'll miss Lorelai, Rory, Suki, and Luke. There's something about the quick dialogue and witty conversations that I really enjoy. I wasn't completely satisfied with the way everything turned out, but for the most part, there was closure. I told Jason that if I could live anywhere in the world, I think it would be Stars Hollow, CT (even though it doesn't exist).

Any other Gilmore Girls fans out there? I'm curious to know who was your favorite of Rory's numerous boyfriends? I was a major Dean fan until the whole affair issue. Was anyone else disappointed about the ending with Lorelai and Luke.....not enough info?

We're trying to decide what to Netflix next. It's nice doing TV shows because then you can watch one show in 45 minutes. Any suggestions? What shows are you all into? What are you currently Netflix/Blockbustering?

8 comments:

Aimee said...

You're exactly right, Stars Hollow would be a wonderful place to live. I didn't want to come out of the closet, but I guess since you did here it goes....my name is Aimee and I loved "Gilmore Girls". Jason is a good man to watch it with you, Jake couldn't handle it, too much estrogen. If you're looking to get hooked on another TV show and you haven't already started watching it, LOST is the way to go. We are addicted!

Jill said...

Never seen it...but I heard it's good! I've never seen 24 or Lost either. I guess Landon and I chose the wrong shows to get hooked on. We like The Office, Friday night Lights, and The Biggest Loser. Those are the shows we watch and then just rent random movies from Blockbuster!

Kelli said...

We were Gilmore fans for a while (though Adam will never admit to it, he kind of digs it too.) I loved Luke. Lorilei (I know I spelled it wrong) sometimes kind of bugged me though, all the fickleness -- I'm not at all like that! ;) Kind of a let down ending, I would have to agree. Series finales usually are, though, right? I'm totally into The Office. It's a major event over here whenever there is a new episode!

Unknown said...

30 Rock. Duh.

Camille Foote said...

Bizarre.....I never watched Gilmore Girls while it was on TV and than out of the blue I decided to give them a try, and started netflixing them this fall. I am definitely a fan. I would get so annoyed waiting two days for the next four episodes (pathetic, I know)that I started putting them on hold at our library so I could check out the whole season at once. I literally just shut off the TV from a way to long viewing session of season six right before I read your blog. I can not give any feed back on my feelings about the ending since I still have a season left to watch.

We are big TV series watchers but we only watch series when they are out on DVD to complicated and annoying to have to watch and wait from week to week. My current favs are Heros and The Office but I also recommend 24 or Lost.

Blaine said...

I'm sure you know what I would suggest: Golden Girls and Saved by the Bell!! They are great! When an episode is done, its done. You can go to bed fulfilled knowing that everything is how it should be. Zack and Kelli are together (except for those lousy Jeff episodes), Dorothy is dateless, Blanche is a slut, Rose is an idiot, and Sophia is sarcastic. Ah, great stuff!

Emily K. said...

"Oh Gilmore Girls how I love thee, and miss thee. . . Let me count the ways." I am only one of the biggest Gilmore fans ever. I have seen every episode, except the 7th season at least 5 times, no joke. I used to DVR them on the Family channel, and now I have them all on DVD. They are my background when I need something on, but need something to do. They also help me relax and go to sleep when I have a hard time sleeping. I'm with you on the disappointing end, and the whole affair thing. I don't mind even just skipping all the episodes when Rory and Dean are together the second time around. I absolutely loved Logan, but you still kinda like Jess. I still call him Jess on "Heroes," can't get over it. The last season wasn't nearly as good as the early ones because they changed writers before the 7th season. Us diehards could really tell. Anyway, I could go on and on. If you ever want to talk Gilmore Girls, I'm your "Girl." Merry Christmas!!

Annie said...

It's good to know that I'm not the only adult that loved Gilmore Girls. Ah, how my Tuesday evenings seem off now that I don't get to watch the happenings of Stars Hollow.