Sunday, December 9, 2007

Crazy Town!

Crazy Town has been my saying for the last few days. Kids, kids, and more kids!

On Friday evening we had a little party for our neighbor friends and their kiddos. We had dinner and decorated sugar cookies. The kids drew names a couple weeks ago to exchange gifts. The big surprise was that Santa came! The kids reactions were hilarious! All of them were so excited. All of them got a turn on his lap. Lucy kept poking her head in when it was other kids turn and saying, "I know you have a sleigh!" or "You're funny!" It was pretty cute! She's been telling us for the last couple weeks that she wants "boots that light up and a music box". She's been wanting shoes that light up for years, but I'm not a fan, so it hasn't happened. She saw someone with boots on and decided she wanted those....... then remembered she wanted light up shoes and that is where we get the "boots that light up" situation. (Good luck with that Santa! Actually "Santa" found some seriously cute pink cowboy boots that have stars that light up when you walk...hilarious!). Santa was so sweet and personable to all the kids. A very kind man! You'll notice in the picture that Lucy is wearing a purple leotard. Much to my dismay, she slipped that little number on right before Santa came.

Graham wasn't too impressed with Santa. He jabbered to him a little bit after we gave up on putting him on his lap. But.....he jabbers to just about anyone or anything lately. On Saturday we had a primary activity to practice the Nativity Program we'll be doing for the ward party. There was some ornament making and sugar cookie decorating and then the practice. Lots of kids, lots of craziness......hence the Crazy Town expression.

Today I had sharing time. It didn't go as well as planned, but we got through it. I can't decide if the kids were extra crazy (there's that word again) or if my kid-o-meter was just full, but by the end of church I was ready to drop-kick any human under the age of 12 that crossed me. (The drop-kick line was for Jason. There's been a few times that I told Jason that I wanted to drop-kick Lucy and he thinks it's pretty funny. Slightly morbid, but still funny.)

Graham woke up earlier than expected from his nap today, so only one of us was going to get our Sunday nap. My sweet, kind, wonderful husband let me sleep while he played with the kids and made dinner. What a man! I think I can survive another trip to Crazy Town if he's along for the ride!

7 comments:

Jill said...

I love crazy town, that is watching it, not being in it!! Ha. Busy times. Cute pix though. Primary is a stressful calling more often that not! I'm right there with ya sista.

Kelli said...

Hang in there, Maggie! One more week of Primary craziness and you're off the hook for a nice vaction. You sure hold it together well. Even though you tell me you get that "drop kick" feeling, no one would ever suspect. Thanks for all that you do. I don't know what I'd do without you!

Amber said...

Maggie, your little Lucy just makes me smile and I've never even met her! That picture on the last post is so cute! Lot's of crazy is so much easier to handle with a great hubby, isn't it. :)

Blaine said...

That is so fun that Graham "talks" so much! It will be fun to get him and George together now that they are older and can both walk! We are excited to see you!!!

kingfoote said...

Lucy is such a crack up! even though things are a little crazy just think of all the great memories you are making as a family. You are brave to plan and host the neighborhood party at your house I am impressed especially since you already had so much to do with your calling.

L said...

Good work with all of the parties. I bet your neighbors loved you! We also had our "just kid" party Saturday night, and then luckily I had a sub for Sunday to go to T's bro farewell, or I would have been drop-kicking children too!

I love the purple leotard, especially the darling hair accesory you had to match, where did you get that???

Can you guys come any sooner, pppplllleeeaasseeee? I am so excited!

Wright's said...

Maggie, have I ever told you how much I LOVE you. I love that you tell life as it is. I always feel guilty for not always having a positive take on raising kids. It just warms my hart that I am not the only mom who feels like drop- kicking a kid every now and then. I think it is helarious that you say drop-kick. I just say I want to kill my kids. It should sound more morbid, but doesn't for some weird reason.