Thursday, August 15, 2013

Totally Radical Farewell Party!

Jason and I have been so blessed to make great friends wherever we end up living.  When you live away from your own family, your friends become your lifeline and I depend on them so much. 
 
Our friends from the Tolleson Ward were no different.  Even though we only lived there for one short year, I love these people and I'm so grateful for their friendships. 
 
A few weeks before our departure, they got together and planned an amazing farewell party for us....80's style!  It was so incredibly fun and unexpected. 
 
 
 We started the night with fabulous food.  They decorated five little tables to look like we were dining in a little Italian restaurant.  We had yummy pasta and delicious salad. 
 
Then the fun began!  My sweet friend, Chelsey, is a photographer.  She and my other friends, Emily, Angela, and Bree set up a funny backdrop.  They gathered tons and tons of 80's clothes, make-up and accessories for us to dress up in.  Each couple took turns dressing up and getting their pictures taken.  It was absolutely hilarious!

Here's Emily and Dan Mather.  She was so funny, posing it up and loving the camera.  Emily lives in the neighborhood that we did.  She and I carpooled our kids to school everyday.  Her daughter, Brooklyn, is Lucy's best buddy.  She was also my visiting teacher.  I love her and her family so much!


This is Chelsey and Randy Black.  They moved into the ward just a couple weeks after us and Chelsey and I became fast friends.  She is the photographer and is so talented in so many things.  I missed her just hours after we had left Phoenix. 
 
And here are the timeless photos of Jason and I.....
 

 
I was the only woman to brave the girl-mullet wig.  We thought the pregnant belly added to the photo opportunity. 
 





Back row: Bree Nelson, Charlene Olivas, Angela Price, Kim Clift, Alison Dull, Chelsey Black
Front Row:  ME, Emily Mather, Jamie Robinson, Amy O'Neil
 
There were ten couples at the party.  Here's us girls.  Loved the props! 
 

 
I love this picture!!  We are all laughing so hard!  Angela had just said something hilarious....I can't remember what it was, though, darnit.  
 
Love these girls.  I'm so grateful for our time together! 
 

 
 They gave Jason and I a little photo album a week later with all of the pictures and everyone took the time to sign it like a yearbook.  So cute and fun!  I was so touched by the time and effort that went into every detail. We had such a bodacious time! 
 


1 comment:

L said...

I can't get over these pictures. HILARIOUS!!! What great friends you had. Your family has always been an incredible example of making good friends where ever you go. I know your new adventure won't be any different.