Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Happy Birthday, Lucy!

Lucille Jane turned nine years old back on the fourteenth.  We tried hard to make it a special day for our sweet girl.  
Here's Lucy right after waking up.  Daddy made pancakes and bacon (this girl LOVES bacon).  All of us woke her up singing "Happy Birthday" as loud as we could.  Side note:  Benny still sings Happy Birthday nearly every morning.  He loves the cha-cha-cha part that the kids learned at school.
Becky, Lucy, and Brooklyn
We invited two of Lucy's new sweet friends to come to dinner with us.  Lucy loves a good burger these days, so we went to The Habit.  Such good girls!  After dinner we went straight to the church so they could go to their Achievement Day activity.  

I love this picture of my girl.  She's looking so grown up!  
Lucy still prefers brownies to cake, so I delivered.  I know you're jealous of my decorating skillz.  Yes, that's an L.....you know, for Lucy.  


After brownies and ice cream, we did our traditional "Hot 'n Cold" game to find her presents.  She reallly wanted an iTouch, but we talked her out of it so that maybe she could get a nicer one for Christmas.  We got her a cute door hanger to decorate, a floating lounge chair for the pool.  She ended up taking them both back and using the cash for something else.  Yes, we have officially reached the age when my child no longer likes the gifts I choose for her.  Oh well.  

It was a fun day celebrating with little Lucy.  Now, if only I could figure out a way to keep her 9 forever.  

1 comment:

Nate and Janie said...

Wow! You've been busy with posting. It was fun catching up with you and your family via the blog. I'm sorry Arizona isn't fantastic - I hope it gets better for you guys. By the way, Lucy looks just like you, seriously! Your family is so cute - thanks for all the updates!