Friday, January 28, 2011

Thoughts

Life has been busy lately. Lots of visitors, lots of activities. Blogging is taking a backseat, but it's always on my mind and it seems like I'm constantly feeling behind and not on top of it. I'm hoping to do a better job journaling, without stressing so much about all the big events I haven't blogged about yet. I want to record the sweet moments in my every day life. Maybe I'll give a little news here and there about each of my little ones more often. There may or may not be pictures involved. We'll see. I've stressed a lot lately as I think about all that I haven't recorded, all the pictures I need to post. Is it really that important? The earth will continue to turn and my children will not resent me if the pictures from their day at the beach aren't recorded, right? Why or why must I always find something to obsess about? It's very tiring.........

Today was a tough day for my sweet Lucy. She came out of school and right away I noticed tears in her eyes as she said, "I'm sad today." I asked her why and she explained that her best friend at school is moving this weekend. I saw a different side to my girl. She didn't sob or go on and on about how upset she was. A few quiet tears fell down her cheeks as she explained that Susan won't be at school on Monday. I cried with her. It broke my heart. It didn't help that she got a papercut "right after last recess" and Breanne accidentally poked her in the mouth when she was singing, "Bubble gum, bubble gum in a dish". She bled a bit and wasn't sure what to do about it.

My Lucy is growing up. But in some ways, she's still my little girl. I asked her if she wanted to jump on the tramp with me and after a little bit she said, "I feel a lot better.....I almost even forgot about my day."

Graham, Ben and I spent a few hours at the park today. We were heading to the Pirate Park, so Graham asked if he could wear his pirate costume. Every once in a while I'd hear an, "ARRR, Matey" as he played with his friends. I've decided that kid is the cutest little boy in the world. He makes faces that melt my heart and make me laugh at the same time. He's turning into quite the tease and his obsession with butts and poop are a little alarming, but he is just so adorable. I loved listening talk to Grandma on the phone today. "How is your day going at work?"

Benny is growing too fast and keeps me hoppin'. He's turning into quite the Mama's boy and if we're at home, he seems to be underfoot all the time. We call him Monkey Boy because he communicates through grunts and growls. He keeps us laughing all the time and we all get so excited when he does some of the signs we've been trying to teach him.

As we speak, Lucy and Graham are beating on each other and I must once again play referee. Do your kids fight? I feel like my kids take it to the next level. "Lucy hurt my thinger!" I can hear Ben waking up from his nap through the monitor. It's time to go get groceries. Always an adventure. We'll see how many new friends Graham makes today.

2 comments:

Lemme said...

I love you and your family! I got invited to pirate park today (well I invited myself...but Nora had an appointment at the time y'all were there). Maybe I'll go next Friday.

L said...

Loved this post. You are a fantastic writer and mother and I am so grateful we can still keep in touch because you inspire me to be better. Thank you.