Monday, January 31, 2011

31....yikes.

On the 10th of January I turned 31. Yep....I'm officially in my thirties. I had a great day! Jason took off work and we went to lunch at Joe's Crab Shack. My great friend, Laurie, watched Graham, so it was just J, Ben, and I. We had a fabulous view of the ocean and it was a beautiful day. Have I mentioned how much I love the weather here?
After lunch, we went to a little candy shop in Ventura and I picked out some of my favorites. I'm a huge candy fan. They didn't have any penny candy, but I got some lemon heads and other sugary treats.


That night we had hamburgers at home and some cake and ice cream. The fam sent me on our traditional "hot and cold" hunt to find my presents. Lucy bought me a huge bag of Jelly Bellies and wrote me a sweet story. She also wrapped up my flip-flops. Earlier that day, she asked me why I was wearing my flats. I told her I couldn't find my flip flops, so I had to wear them. The night before she had wrapped them up as one of my gifts. She What a goofball!


Jason got me some workout clothes and some cycling shoes for me to wear to spin class. One of my presents was some comfortable socks for the gym. When I opened them, Graham said, "What is it? What is it? Socks! WAH WAH." I don't really know how to explain it, but try to imagine the "Wah, wah" like you hear on a cartoon when something bad happens. He says it every once in a while and we are always impressed that he uses it in the right context.


I had a good day! It's always fun to get calls and messages from family and friends on your day. Jason and the kids did a great job of making me feel loved and special. I am so blessed!

3 comments:

The Cooper's said...

What a fun day! Happy Birthday!

Stephanie :) said...

Happy Birthday Maggie! Sounds like you had an amazing day!The kind we all want on our birthdays!

Tanna said...

Cute pictures Maggie. You look great! I hope you had a great day. The weather looks fabulous. I'm so jealous.