Friday, January 7, 2011

More Christmas Memories

I want to make a list of things I hope to remember about our trip. Some items will be very random and won't make much sense. Bare with me.

-Shoe shopping with Beth and Chelsey (may seem like a small thing, but I enjoy those moments away without kids and getting to have grown up talk.

-This was the first year in a while that all 5 of my siblings and I were home for Christmas. Bryan and Chelsey came from D.C. and we had a fabulous time. I hate that we live so far away. My heart hurts this week because I miss everybody so badly.

-The awful stomach bug that everyone in the family had at one time or another. It only lasted about 12 hours, but it was a rough 12 hours.

-Waking up every morning and visiting with my Dad. He works in the evenings, so he was available to hang out in the mornings. He made breakfast for the kids and I enjoyed our chats.

-The obnoxious Orbeez pile in the corner of the kitchen. Even if they seemed like a petrie dish of germs, you just couldn't help yourself. You had to play with them.

-Blaine and Jason Herman's Orbeez art project.

-My Jason's surprise Christmas gifts. He had me convinced that he didn't get me anything. I got a bread maker and a super cute apron.

-Bryan and Chelsey were generous enough to buy all of the grand kids a Christmas gift. Lucy got Disney Scene It (she LOVES it....we've played it every day we've been home). Graham got a remote control car.

-When Graham opened his car, he yelled, "A gremote control car!" Then someone asked, "What is it?" He yelled again, "It's a gremote control car!" We kept asking him what it was or what he got and I'm pretty sure we got him to say, "gremote control car" at least 10 times in less than 30 seconds.

-Abby's endless attempts to get us to take her somewhere cool and her numerous phone calls (wondering when Lucy was going to be back at Grandma's house).

-Our scary drive to Logan in the snow. Jason got out in the blizzard and helped a lady whose car was stuck on the side of the road.

-Kalleen's phone call telling me she and Jared were stuck in a ditch and we needed to go help them out. I reacted as one would expect and she followed that with a laugh and said she was just kidding. Thanks, Kalleen.

-Looking forward to Mom's return from work. Everything is always more fun when my Mom is around.

-The Body Pump class I went to with Tanna. Ouch. I was sore for almost a week.

-Our couple of visits to Grandma Ray. We sang her a few songs and she was so touched. Grandma's hearing is failing, so we had to talk and sing really loud. It was so cute to see Lucy trying to sing her little heart out so Grandma could hear.

-Sleeping through True Grit at the theater. (We went to the 9:30 show...I'm pathetic).

-Chillin' with Beth and the babies while we waited for Jason Herman to get off work.

-The leopard print hat we saw after the concert followed by the leopard print coat.

-Mom's cinnamon rolls. LOVE Mom's cinnamon rolls. Wish I had one right now.

4 comments:

Collette said...

I slept through the 9:30 True Grit too! You are the only person I know that falls asleep during movies like I do. I never worried about watching late movies at your house because I knew I wouldn't be the only one asleep:)

Beth and Jason said...

I want to cry...

Lemme said...

I had to google orbeez and I'm still not sure what they are.

I love the "gremote control car" story...that's so hilarious!

Chelsey said...

This made me smile. I miss you guys. Come to DC!