Saturday, January 31, 2015

January Miscellaneous

 Lucy took this shot of me with the boys just before bedtime.  More often than not, by 7:30 or 8 at night, I'm done.  Ready to be just Maggie and not Mom anymore.  But as I look at these pictures, I know that I will miss reading to them every night.  I will be sad that Benny doesn't beg me to "lay down" with him anymore.  



These two crazy cats!  This was before kindergarten.  Evan Fahey is our neighbor and I am soooo grateful for him and his family.  These two were inseparable after preschool.  
Notice the amazing shot of snowy Mt. Etna.  


We met up with the Jones family one Saturday and attempted sledding on Mt. Etna.  It was soo cold and we didn't last too long, but it sure was fun!


Didn't find many pictures from the day, but I love this one of little Sully.  He was only 15 months.  


These next three notes that Lucy wrote to us back then are what keeps her alive the next few years.  Proof that she is sweet and appreciative.  Love that girl so much!




I want to remember the crazy preschool carpool we had last year.  My car always had four preschoolers and Benny.  It was always intense getting them in and out and walking them to their classroom, but we had some great conversations!  Benny always wanted the music turned down and all the other kids wanted it loud.  They always hoped for gum when I picked up after school.  


We had an FHE on goal setting.  I loved reading through some of their ideas.  One of Benny's:  Count to 50.  Oh how I wish I would have saved these!!!!!  I can't read the picture well enough.  

It's so crazy to see Sully's bald head!  We had a day when we had to stay at the school for a bit.  The kids always LOVE when they get to play at the park for a little while when Graham gets out.  

Love this shot of my boys!

Jason loves to make himself a breakfast burrito on Saturday mornings.  Sullivan likes to have a bite or two.  I just remembered why his head was so bald.  He had quite a mullet and so I decided to try and cut it.  Ha!  I found some super sharp sewing scissors.  It looked SOOOO bad!  I took him to the community center salon and they basically had to just shave it all off.  Parent fail.  


This was when I had a double eye infection and had to wear glasses for a few weeks.  No fun!  I'm much better about replacing my contacts more often now.  
Love Lucy's brace face!  


The boy loves himself two eggs every morning.  



Grateful for this family of mine and the memories we are making together.  

No comments: