Saturday, March 9, 2013

The Day of Love

We carried on our simple Valentines Day traditions this year.  We had our family dinner the day before so that Jason could join us.  Thursdays are his long days at school and he's usually not home until 9:00 pm.  









I had a lot of fun decorating the table this year.  Nothing to fancy, but Jason took the kiddos to the park for a while as I got everything ready.  It was nice to have some alone time to prepare.  


I saw these hot dogs on Pinterest and decided to have some with our pizza.  The kids thought they were pretty funny.  


Jason made our pizza.  Notice the beautifully crafted heart pepperonis.  Yep....I'm cool like that.  
He even made another one that had a small section of BBQ for me!

While at the table, we took turns talking about each person and everyone said a few things they love about them.  So easy, but so fun!

We always give the kiddos their favorite cereal and a book for their Valentine.  Graham got Cookie Crisp with an Easy Reader Avengers book.  Lucy got Cocoa Puffs and a Cupcake Club series book (wasn't sure it would be a good one, but she loved it).  Benny got Trix and an Easy Reader Monster Fighters book.  

It was interesting to see how each of them chose to eat their cereal.  Lucy still has a good amount of her cereal left.  Graham has a bit, too.  Benny, the gullible/sweet one, shared more than the others, so his has been gone a while.  


I made this easy little gift for Jason this year.  Again, I found it on Pinterest.  It was fun thinking of 52 reasons I love my man.  He loved it and it was fun watching him read it.  





3 comments:

Jamie said...

Love it.. you're awesome!

Aimee said...

Love the heart shaped pepperoni's, so cute!

Brooke said...

Was just reading through all your different posts--amazed at all you do! I love your Valentine's traditions with the books, and homemade Valentines. So cute and original:-)