Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Land of Disney

Last month I caved and bought season passes to Disneyland for our little fam. We went 3 times the first 3 weeks we had them. Good times were had by all.
The first day we went was with my friend, Laurie Jarvis, and her kiddos. Here's the crew:
Grant, Caylee, Lucy, Graham and Ben-O
This little man made our first excursion quite difficult. The long lines and crowded spaces didn't help much either. Many of the rides were closed for the day, too. The kids had a great time, but by the end of the day, I was super stressed and ready to be home.
Grant and Graham
Laurie wrestling the toddlers in the Teacups.
Benny had a great view of the parade.
My kids love Phineas and Ferb. I love 'em, too. Especially the songs. I'm usually laughing more than the kids are.
So, the next week, Laurie agreed to watch Benny all day and evening while I took Graham and Lucy. It was such a fun day! These guys are fearless and ride EVERYTHING! The lines were short and the weather was great. Graham's b-day was a couple days later, so we told him we were going to celebrate his special day. We let him make choices on what rides to go on next. He thought he was pretty neat. Graham is quite a friendly guy, so in every conversation he made with people in line (which was A LOT), he would mention that we were there to celebrate his "special day". I'm pretty sure Graham skipped ALL DAY LONG. He never just walked. He was always galloping or skipping wherever we went. (He does that at the store, too, but we're never at the store for 10 hours straight!)
This is in front of the new Little Mermaid ride. We loved it!
A couple of goofballs cooling off in the misters in California Adventure.
Splash Mountain. Graham didn't like this one, but only because he doesn't like getting wet.

At the end of the day, we got on the tram to take us to the parking lot. Graham fell asleep and I carried him to our car. I've learned that it's easiest if I bring their jammies and change them in the car before we drive home. Then I just have to carry them to their beds. Graham woke up for a minute to change and then slept all the way home.

These two were so agreeable and fun all through the day. As we walked from ride to ride, they each thanked me many times for taking them. Funny story: I took Graham into the bathroom and he wanted me to go into the stall with him because he was worried the door wouldn't shut. Well, he sat down on the toilet and smiled up at me and said, "Thank you for bringing me to Disneyland." Imagine him trying to poop as he says it. Maybe a little too much information, but I wanted to remember it. It's my blog and I'll share what I want to :).

I enjoyed our conversations as we waited in line. It made me happy when they each mentioned that they wished Dad was there. Its nice to know they think of him so often. I sure love these kids!

2 comments:

Tanna said...

Oh my goodness, that's hilarious! We love Graham!

Jamie said...

Graham is a crack-up..always has something funny to say! Now we really have to come visit, and go to Disneyland together!