Monday, September 26, 2011

Family Night

A couple weeks ago we had a Family Home Evening on The Title of Liberty. I told them the story of Captain Moroni and we talked about all of the freedoms he fought for. They loved the part in the story where Moroni rips some clothes and makes the flag to ride around and get people to join him.

We made our own Title of Liberty to hang in our house. I ripped a pillowcase in half and we talked about the things that are important to us as individuals and to us as a family.
Here's some of the artwork. Lucy drew the Book of Mormon, the church and our family.
I outlined their hands for the flag and Graham decided to make his into a chicken. He also drew Jesus in the temple.
These kids give me purpose and make me feel needed. I'm so glad I get to be their mom!

2 comments:

Jason Ray said...

Hey Maggs. It is great to see you and the kids. The kids look like they are doing well. I like the idea of making the tittle of liberty with them. You are a great mom who shows a lot of love towards her family. Thank you for the hard hard work you put in every day. I love you.

Aimee said...

I'm so glad Graham didn't forget that chicken in important. We wouldn't have chicken nuggets without them!
Great idea Maggie, I know how hard it is to do family home evening without a spouse around to help. Kudos to you for continuing on and doing it. You're awesome.