Saturday, August 20, 2011

What we've been up to.....

Well, today marks the one month mark. It's been the longest month of my life, but we've made it and it's a milestone none the less. Today was Lucy and Graham's first day of school. Graham's b-day is today, too. I'll post more on all of that another day. Here's a few pictures from the month of August. We tried to stay as busy as possible.

That first week, our friends, the Brown's, invited us to go to his work and have dinner with them. He works at the Oxnard Airport as a maintenance guy. It's a tiny little airport and he works alone most of the time. He took the kids and I for a ride in the fire truck they have there for emergencies. The kids loved it!
Here's Graham and his friend, Blake. Although, Graham calls him "Blank". Blake is in his primary class at church.

He let the kids see how the water comes from the truck and watch the water fill up the enormous hose.

I can't get this next picture to flip. Oh well. My cousin, Nate, or as we lovingly call him, Nate Dawg, came for a visit this month. He is a law student at Pepperdine University in Malibu, so we get to see him every now and then. My kids LOVE him. I like him okay, I guess. He's alright.

Graham and Lucy seriously attack him and treat him like he's a jungle gym the whole time he's here.

He made "Lucy and Graham Burritos" for over an hour. They were in heaven.


We love Nate Dawg!

Later in the month, we went to the Ventura County Fair for the day with some friends.
With all of the amazing fair food we could have gotten, the kids chose Dippin' Dots. Seriously?
The kids each got to choose a couple rides to go on.
Graham loved this handmade toy exhibit. He would have played there all day!
Of course we had to go see some smelly animals, too. The kids were excited to be able to get in the pin with these sheep.

We spent a lot of days at the beach this month, too. I didn't catch many pictures, though. We had a week of the beach when the Thompson fam came for a visit. Maybe someday I'll post about that, too.


2 comments:

Aimee said...

You're amazing Maggie! Keep up the great work, you can do it!

Jaime Boots said...

Now I miss Nate... real cool... then I read on and missed everyone... you are killing me Mags. (Love you!)