Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Spring Break in Utah!

April was a busy, busy month for little fam. Jason and I were lucky enough to go on a cruise to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary (pictures and post to come at a later date). We left March 31st and got back April 9th. My sis. in law, Shellie, came to watch the kids. Two days later, we packed up the kiddos and drove to Utah for Lucy's first week of Spring Break. We left Jason home to work (someone has to pay for my fun) and Shellie was kind enough to skip her flight and drive with me. It was so nice just spending time with the fam. Here's Blaine, Beth, Ben and Jason. We did a lot of chillin' and just talking. Loved it and miss it sooo much when I'm away.
We spent one day making the drive out to Eagle Mountain to visit Grandpa and Nana. The kids loved seeing their cats and dogs. Ben kept chasing the cats and laughing at them run away.
This is actually a statue they have on their coffee table, but Ben loved it. He's hunched over in his "shake your booty" pose. I need to post the video of him doing that......it's hilarious!

Nana got out this cute little scooter thing for him to play with. He used his little legs to get around. We met Grandma and Grandpa for lunch at McDonald's one afternoon. We were able to visit for quite a while as the kids played at the little playland. I love just being able to talk to my Mom and Dad. As always, the kids made friends with many of the other children there. Lucy even got an address from a little boy so she could write letters to him. I love that Graham and Lucy are so outgoing and friendly.

I love this picture of Benny with my cousin, Jaime. Another cousin of mine was getting married that weekend, so we hung out a lot with Aunt Bev, Uncle Jim and Jaimers. Jaime came to stay with us here in Oxnard back in March for a weekish while Jason was in Okinawa. It was SOOO nice having her here and my kids love her. I'm glad I got this picture because I don't think I got any when she came for her visit.


The kids put on a circus show for us one afternoon. You'll notice from the signs that Lucy wanted us to be sure it was all about her and she was the star.








All of their poses crack me up. Check out each of them....they are all doing something a little funny.

George, Graham, Ella, Ollie, Lucy and Abby



The Star, in all her unitard glory.



Graham with is death defying slide-hanging thing.


We took all the kiddos to Wendy's for lunch on another afternoon. Nothin' beats a Kids Meal frosty after some fries and chicken nuggets.


My cute, cute nephew, Thomas. Yes, he's wearing a helmet. He had a bit of a flat-head problem and has to wear it for about 3 months. I told my sister that at least he's an adorable kid with a helmet instead of an ugly child with a helmet. Love this baby!

Here's another happy baby! Benny had a great time with the fam, too!


It was a great trip. Too short, though. We were there for about a week and I'm used to at least 10 days to 2 weeks. It stinks being so far away, but it makes coming home that much more sweet.


No comments: