Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Lucy's Latest

It's been a while since I've updated about each of the kids. I thought I'd post some of the Easter outfit pictures with a little journaling on how they are doing.

I love this picture of Lucy and Graham. They are quite a pair, these two. Graham drives Lucy absolutely crazy most of the time. She has very little patience for his questions and his funny quirks. Occasionally, Lucy will allow him to play Barbies with her. He pulls out his super heroes or whatever and plays along. A few minutes in, Graham always wants to be a different person or change characters. He does this when they are playing anything. It ticks her off, big time. I'll hear her frustrated voice say something like, "Okay, Graham. But this is the LAST TIME!" or "No, Graham! You can't be the dog! You have to be the brother!" She'll tell him that he can't play anymore and he'll beg and beg for another chance. Lucy will usually give him one, but within 5 minutes, he's at it again.


Lucy is still taking her music class each week. It's called "Let's Play Music". A friend of mine teaches it. This friend used to live just a couple blocks away, but then she moved about 30 minutes from us now. Lucy hates Thursdays because that means we have to make the drive out for class. She's learning a lot, but she's ready for it to be over for the summer.


She started taking a gymnastics class in January and she loves it. She does really well, too! I was so impressed this past week as I watched her climb to the very top of the rope. She made it look so easy! They get to work on a trampoline, learn maneuvers on the double bars, and do different techniques on the balance beam.


We just signed her up for soccer, too. We tried it a couple years ago and the shin guards proved to be just too darn uncomfortable. So, before I signed her up, she wanted to wear the shin guards around a bit to see if they would bother her. She said they weren't great, but she still wanted to do it. We'll keep you posted.


Lucy still doesn't love school, but she tolerates it. She is doing very well and I'm always so proud after I talk to her teacher. She loves earning "blue tickets" so she can get prizes on Fridays. Her Dad walks her to school most mornings and the boys and I get her after school. It's always interesting to hear her run-down of how the day went as we walk home.


Lucy is struggling a little with an over-active conscience. She is trying to make good choices and figure out what exactly that means. Tonight she asked if I would lay with her a while and as I was getting up to leave after a bit, she said the sweetest thing, "You know how we read in the scriptures that we can't always pray for Heavenly Father to take our problems away? Well, can I pray that he'll help me listen to my teacher instead of talking to Gavin?" Lately, when I pick her up from school, she always says, "I didn't listen to Mrs. Miller again." She really wants her teacher to put her in a desk away from the other kids so she won't "accidentally cheat" or talk when she's not supposed to.


Lucy loves her cereal in the morning. She usually eats two bowls of "Dad's Cereal" (Honey Bunches of Oats), or Honey Nut Cheerios. She hates it when I make PBJ for her packed lunch. She usually has saltine crackers (her request) and some turkey pepperoni with carrots or apples. Lucy loves to have a snack after school and watch a little TV after homework. Wizards of Waverly Place or Good Luck Charlie are among her favorites. If I make her choose one that Graham will like, too, she usually picks Max and Ruby or Phineas and Ferb. She and Graham love to get foot rides up to bed from Dad. We always do a book after scriptures and prayer. Jason reads to Lucy, while I read to Graham. She and Jason just finished, Ramona the Pest.


Lucy's big thing now is money. Loves it. Wants more of it. She's planning a trip with her friend, Lana, to the American Girl Doll Store. They went back in October and they are hoping to go again the beginning of June. She's always asking me if she can do a bake sale or sale some of her old toys (I always say no..surprise, surprise). She is always singing a line from the "Dream" song on Tangled. Flynn Rider says something like, "On an island that I own, I'm well rested and alone.....surrounded by enormous piles of money." Although, she sings, "unarrested and alone". She knows it's wrong, but doesn't change her version.


Sweet Lucy gets up every Fast Sunday and bears her testimony to our ward at church. It's always heart felt and well thought out. She also insists on coming to ward choir with me. She sits by me each week at practice and does a great job. She has a beautiful voice and really enjoys singing. The ward members are very impressed with little Lucy.


I love my Lucy Goosy. I am so grateful for the lessons I learn from her. She tests me and keeps me on my toes a lot. Being the oldest isn't easy. Jason and I don't know what we're doing and hopefully we aren't messing her up too much. She's such a good kid that wants to do the right things. I feel very blessed to be her Mom.


P.S. Thanks so much, Grandma, for the adorable dress. She loved it!!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

thanks for the update on Lucy..we miss her(Graham looks different in the picture with Lucy and him)!