Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter Weekend

April has been a cRaZy month. Lots to update and journal about. I decided to start with the more recent stuff and hopefully work my way back to the other things later. We'll see......

Easter weekend was fabulous! We made a trip to the Visitor's Center at the Los Angeles Temple. The kids enjoyed this little table where they could digitally color and draw. My favorite part was the big computer screen that showed where all the temples in the world are. You could touch the city on the map and see a picture of the temple there. Graham said, "It's like a big Ipod!"



You'll have to turn your head for this one. I can't get it flipped. Anyways, we met a nice sister missionary from Morgan, UT that took our family picture. Such a beautiful scene. We really enjoyed sharing bits of our testimonies with the kids.

These flowers are out in front of the temple. The kids and I play the "favorite game" a lot. Whenever I ask what their favorite flower is, Graham always says, "the bird ones!" They really do look like little birds poking out. I'm pretty sure they are called Birds of Paradise. He was excited to see so many in one place.

The flowers were amazing! Here's Lucy showing them off. We probably should have rethought the skull and crossbones shirt she's wearing, but what the hey.



That afternoon we came home and dyed some Easter eggs. We just did the old school 5 color set. Jason managed and supervised the project.
Cheeser Benny wanted in on some camera action.



Here's the kids with their Easter morning surprises. We had a little egg hunt in our house. Some of the eggs had numbers on them. After things settled down we used those eggs to talk about the events leading up to the Savior's resurrection. Each numbered egg had a small item and a scripture to read. It went much better than last year. Graham and Lucy were much more attentive this time around.


The Easter Bunny wasn't even really mentioned this year much. Saturday night, Lucy asked me if Dad and I were the ones that gave the Easter gifts. I said, "Well, what do you think?" She was a little disappointed the next day and at school on Monday she had to bite her tongue when her friend talked about the Easter Bunny leaving footprints in her room. She said, "I just REALLY wanted to tell her!" I was proud of her for leaving it alone. Come December I'm hoping she'll avoid asking me anything. I still want her to believe in Santa!

Ben-O thought he hit the jackpot with his Craisins and Gerber bites.

The rest of the day was very nice. Beautiful lessons on the Savior at church. We had a wonderful meal at our friends, the Jarvis', that evening. I am so grateful for my testimony of the Savior. I know that it is because of his death and resurrection that my family can live eternally forever. I know that it is because of Him that I can have peace and happiness in this life. What a tremendous blessing that is!


I hope you all had a great weekend, too!

2 comments:

Tanna said...

That family photo of you guys is beautiful. What a fun thing to do. I hardly recognize Beno. He's getting so big. And tell Lucy to stop growing up. I can't believe how much she is changing also. What a sweet girl with the Easter bunny and her friend. I wish we could have spent Easter together again. Tell Lucy maybe next year!

paulandbrianna said...

Maggie, I can't believe how big the kids are getting. You all look so great. Somedays I wish we were all still in Lemoore.