Sunday, March 28, 2010

Graham's Extreme Makeover

I decided it was time for Grahammer Pants to get a haircut. I actually really like it long, but I just can't figure out how to tell the barber to cut it. Every time I went in to have it trimmed, he came out with a total 80's bowl cut thing happening. I also realized it was time for the chop-a-roo when he was crying every morning when I had to brush it. I can only deal with one hair-styling drama queen and Lucy has a strong hold on that title.

Here are the before shots:






Here's our handsome guy post makeover. (He has some trouble making eye contact with the camera.) He looks so different to me. I love that I can actually see his beautiful blue eyes now. I think he looks a little younger, too......and I like that!



This kid is such a crack up. His latest thing is that he loves to play "games". Whenever we're in the car, we have to be engaged in at least one. Here's a list of them with a brief explanation:

I Spy: You've all played it, I'm sure. Graham gets a little confused sometimes. He'll say, "I spy with my little eye, something GREEN!" (By the way, he always spies something green...always. The boy loves green.) So, you'll be guessing green things and then he'll start guessing green things, too. "Is it the grass?" Wait a minute....I thought it was your turn. It makes Lucy really mad.

Knock-Knock: I'm sure many of you have your fill of knock-knock jokes, too. I love that I can get a laugh out of this kid no matter what I say. Sometimes I find myself pausing, trying to get creative or legitimately funny and then I realize that he prefers the nonsense. On the way to the store a couple days ago I had just given my punch line and Graham said, "HA! HA! That's a good one, Mom!" He sounded so grown-up...I laughed out loud.

Guess What/That's What: You wouldn't think this game would be very entertaining, but Graham can go for quite a while. He says, "Guess what?" You're supposed to say, "What?" He says, "That's what". Then you switch roles. Repeated over and over and over again. Occasionally, I'll spice it up with a "Chicken butt" which is a no-fail laugh inducer. Other times, I'll say "I love you" instead of "That's what". He likes that one, too.

If Graham is ever in a grumpy mood or we need to distract him from something (he usually cries if we don't have water in the car and he's "SO THIRSTY"), all we have to do is suggest one of these games and we're golden.

One of his favorite times to play is when he's going to the bathroom. He demands that I sit down while he's taking care of business and play "I Spy".

I don't know what I would do without my little man keeping me company all day. He definitely makes my life so much brighter. His little laugh is so contagious and comes so easily.

5 comments:

Lemme said...

he's so dang funny!!

Mom said...

Love the hair cut. He does look younger. I miss ol' Grahamer pants in the AM!!!

Collette said...

I would really like to meet the little guy in person some time. He sounds like a riot.

Tanna said...

I love his haircut. I think we need to do Peter's SOON! It was fun for a change but with summer coming, shorter will be cooler.

Jamie said...

haha! when I saw the Easter pics, I was thinking Graham got a haircut! And boys are a nice breath of fresh air from all the craziness of having a girl, wouldn't you agree?!