Sunday, July 12, 2009

Bedtime Story with Daddy

We got a letter in the mail from Jason that had a video of him reading books for the kiddos. The kids absolutely loved it! They watched it for the first time last night. Graham kept saying, "That's MY Dad" over and over again. He waved at the computer and said, "Hi, Daddy!" Lucy really enjoyed seeing him talk and being able to watch him.
I think that if Jason had done this earlier in the deployment, it would have been WAY too depressing. But the timing was perfect and I actually really enjoy watching it, too! Thanks for sending it, J! We love you!

6 comments:

The Andrews said...

That is so awesome! I can't imagine how excited your kids were to see their dad. How fun!

Amanda said...

So sweet. It brought tears to my eyes!

Amanda said...

So sweet. It brought tears to my eyes!

Julie said...

When Daniel went out the 1st time he read books and recorded it. So when Emma was born I would play it for her every night so she would know his voice. It was hard to get through the first little while so I know what you mean about that. I think it is a great idea to do. I am glad you guys got to have that chance.

Jaime Boots said...

Jason is killing me with his greatness!!

Kelli said...

Aaawwwhhh... that is so sweet! And how fun to see Grant's reaction. Hope you're feeling well. :)