Monday, October 13, 2008

Little Miss Lucy

Lucy begged me the other day to "PLEEEEAAASE play barbies" with her. As I've explained to many of you, I really do not enjoy playing pretend with Lucy's little toys. I would much rather play 100 games of Go Fish or read 60 books to her than sit down and play barbies. But....being the amazing mother I am, I gave in and tried really hard. Well, I devised a plan to get out of pretending. My barbie (AKA Princess Aurora) decided it was time for a family photo shoot. So for 15-20 minutes, Lucy and I put the barbies in different poses. Here are the results:
Lucy has been cracking us up lately. The other day she was pulling on both sides of her belt and trying to get it to reach up by both of her shoulders. I asked what she was doing and she said, "I'm trying to make Olivers!" What she meant to say was overalls. She has a cousin named Oliver.

Yesterday she came up to me and said, "Hey, Mom! Is this giddy-upping?" Then she proceeded to gallop down the hallway. When I told her what it was called, she said, "Oh yeah, that's what I meant."

4 comments:

AJ said...

Good idea! I just pass the time brushing their ratty hair!

Blaine said...

I especially like the picture of the barbies doing push-ups.

Blaine

Aimee said...

Great idea, I'll have to use it when the Polly Pockets come out!

whitney williams said...

too cute!