Thursday, August 7, 2008

My Little Boy

Graham is growing much too fast for my liking. This past month everyone has been commenting on how big he is getting. He looks more like a little boy and less like a baby. It makes me a little sad, although it's nice to be able to understand more of what he's trying to tell us.
Since Graham was just months old, he has jabbered and blabbered to us. He turns heads at the store as he talks and talks and talks at full volume. People look at me, waiting for a translation, but I just say, "Your guess is as good as mine." We were beginning to wonder if he would ever begin to babble in the English language or remain speaking in "Grahamganese".
This is Graham in his favorite hat that he wears quite a bit. One night he decided he had to wear it too bed. When we got him up, he still had it on and insisted on wearing it during breakfast.

The last few months he has been putting it together and we can understand quite a bit. When I think back to this stage in his life, their our so many things I hope I remember. Here's just a few:

-How he says, "Mama". It sounds French. Hard to explain unless you've heard it.

-He calls Jason, "Nanny" instead of Daddy.

-The kid is not even 2 yet and he knows most of his letters. The first time he did it, I was like, "We gotta get this boy on Oprah!" It's hilarious!

-One of his first understandable words was "stuck!" He uses it all the time. Today he got his finger crunched in the door and after we got him feeling better, he kept showing me his finger and saying, "Stuck.....stuck.....stuck."

-His newest saying is "That's fun!" Although, it sounds more like, "Das bun!" Lucy, Jason, and Graham play this game where they yell "Noses!" and they all put their noses together. Afterwards, Graham always yells, "Das bun!"

-The kid refuses to learn the word, "Milk". He begs for water and then when I give it to him, he freaks out because he wants milk. He'll sign it, but not until I've already handed him water and he's ticked off.

-Graham still yells.....a lot and it sounds an awful lot like he is cursing us. He'll point hard and give an earful to whoever he's mad at.

-Speaking of cursing, he loves to yell, "TRUCK", whenever he sees one. It doesn't sound like truck.

-He's big on making sure he gets his turn. For example: If Lucy gets a hug, he says, "I turn".
I sure love my little boy. I love that when he's upset or hurt, all it takes is a hug and some attention and he's over it. I love that he is so passionate about everything. He gets SO excited about the smallest things. There's no in between with Graham. He's either 100 percent happy and laughing his head off, or he's yelling at you and super ticked off.

We love you, Graham! We can't imagine our lives without our little boy.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

He is too cute! You are so good at documenting the memories. I need to get better at that. Are you coming to the reunion?

Kelli said...

Ahhh... I was just watching him Sunday and thinking how handsome he is getting. You've got a cutie on your hands.