Saturday, August 16, 2008

Little Get-Aways

I absolutely love little trips that give me something to look forward to. This past week we had two of them. A little crazy, but super fun!

Jason and I got to get away for a night on our own. We worked out a babysitting swap with some of our wonderful friends here in Lemoore. Caroline watched our kids while we made our way to Monterrey, CA. We got a much needed break with time to relax.
Jason and I at Cannery Row. Lovin' the daisies!

We drove around Carmel looking for a good restaurant. What a beautiful area right on the coast. I could definitely live there. After dinner we went and saw a movie. The next morning we made our way to Cannery Row and shopped a little bit. All in all it was a great trip and it was so nice to have some time to ourselves. Thank you Gilbert family!

We left on Monday for a little trip to San Diego. Jason had a conference there, so the kids and I decided to tag along. Hotel and food paid for.......why not? We stayed at the Coronado Navy Lodge again. We decided to start calling this our vacation home because we've been lucky enough to stay there 3 times this year already. We love it It's right on the beach and there's a fabulous park that the kids play on for hours.
Lucy and I at the beach overlooking downtown San Diego

I always enjoy our time there. Every time we go, we meet the most interesting people. It's on a military base, so we meet people from all over the world and in different stages of life. I'm always amazed at how quickly the children become friends and play their hearts out.
Our last night there, they showed a movie on the beach. The kids played at the park and Jason and I played a little volleyball while we waited for it to start.
Graham playing in the moonlight

Hanging at the beach, going out to dinner, spending time with family.......life is good!

3 comments:

Emily K. said...

What a great thing to say. "Life is good." If only we started every day with that bright perspective. Thank you!!!

Heather said...

Oh if only you had the made the trip to Monterey while we still lived there. We could have kept the kiddos for you. I loved the pics, it made me miss our beloved Cannery Row!

AJ said...

Looks like so much fun! We're headed to Coronado Island next week, and maybe to Sea World. How far is it from Lenmore?