Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Easter 2014

Easter morning here at the Ray house was much the same as other years.  Lots of candy, a little egg hunt and a few gifts from the Easter bunny.  

Benny LOVES to check in on Sullivan and make him smile.  Back before Sullivan could move around as much, this was a common sight at our house.  


The hunt is on.



The Easter Bunny tried to incorporate a little bit of Italian culture to our celebration.  Italians don't have a magical visitor on Easter that comes, but they do have giant chocolate eggs that they give each other.  The eggs are hollowed out and have little toys or trinkets inside them.  



Grandma and Grandpa did not disappoint with the Easter outfits this year.  






Love this one of all the kiddos.  Still shocks me sometimes that I have four kids.  


After church we got we held a little hunt for all the kids just on Taormina street.  It was so fun!!  Each family donated 20-30 eggs and we hid them all while the kids waited at the park around the corner.  

Camilla Cardona, Brenna Blair, Ivana Cranston, Seth Cauble, Bella, Colin Urquilla, Mason Hockenberry, Harrison and Victoria Barnes, Graham, Aaron Cranston, Benny, Russell and Sam Melvey, Lucy, Megan and Evan and Brendan Fahey, Christian Cardona, Dexter Blair


On your mark......get set....


GO!!


Benny stopped after the hunt to have a picture with our neighbor, Juan Cardona.  Benny always knocks on his door and asks for candy.  We're so proud.  



Lucy and Ivana


That evening we went to a little potluck dinner with some friends from church and the neighborhood. Sullivan chilled in his walker there in the culdesac.  


Graham was thrilled to be stopping for a photo op.  


It was a great weekend!  I felt like I was able to take a few minutes and really think about why we celebrate Easter and focus on our Savior.  There's always room for improvement, but I feel like the kids had that, too.  I am so grateful for the life I have and I know that it is because of Him that I can have my sweet family forever.  I feel blessed to know that God doesn't require perfection.  I know that because he suffered for my sins, I can repent and keep trying to become the better, happier person that the Lord sees in me.  

No comments: