Sunday, December 29, 2013

Mineo, Italy at Christmas

Mineo is a town situated up on a mountain not far from our home.  It seems a lot of the cities and villages are up on these massive hills.  I need to take some pictures so you'll know what I mean.  I've asked around and nobody gives me a straight answer as to why they were build their homes and buildings up so high.  It seems like it would have been so difficult to get supplies and everything up there.  My guess is that it was so they could see their enemies coming from far away? 

Anyways, every year this town, Mineo, sets up these nativity scenes.  They have an annual contest and whichever scene gets the most votes stays up permanently.  There was a little map that showed us where to walk around the city to find these little hidden gems.  



So much time and effort put into all of it.  It was amazing!


Check out the crazy walkway we found!  Our friends, the Fomby's, came with us.  The boy in front is Nikolas, not Graham.  






The one above was made out of a lot of lentils and beans.  look close and you can see all the individual beans glued to the buildings.  


Handsome boy

Stopping for a photo op as we make our way to the next spot.  


Sleepy Sully


The view from Mineo was gorgeous!  So glad I have my new camera to take better pictures of all the amazingness we see! 

No comments: