Thursday, May 9, 2013

Mom Turns 60!

A couple weekends ago we celebrated Mom's 60th birthday.  The kids, my Dad (who is living with us right now) and I, loaded up the car and made the drive.  Jason had to stay home to study for finals.  We left Thursday afternoon and drove back Tuesday, but it was worth the trip, even if it was super short.  

We had lots of people at the main event.  Sunday evening we gathered around with Uncle Robert and his family, the Taylor family (Lindsay's sister that we love), Kathleen Skidmore, Uncle Jim and of course, all the Matt and Nancy Hickman family and their kiddos.  We had a great dinner and the weather was fabulous, so we were able to enjoy the backyard.  




Mom's gift this year was extra special.  Lindsay gathered from every child and grandchild three reasons why we love Mom.  Blaine arranged for the 60 balloons and the different "reasons" were taped on.  Heidi and Blaine read them allowed as the balloon train got shorter and shorter.  Some of the words of love were funny, but most were sentimental and very touching.  Everything from "She has waffles" from Ella to words about how thoughtful and happy she makes us all feel.  



All of the words were compiled into a beautiful book that Lindsay made.  It was awesome!  


Freddie, Benny, George, Lucy, Archie, Abby, Mom, Simon, Graham, Ella, Oliver, Thomas
Here's Mom with all her grand babies.  


The originals.  I sure love my fam.  


I love this picture.  Every time my family sings "Happy Birthday" to someone, we sing it as horribly and as crazy as possible.  That's what's happening here.  Check out the amazing cake that Lindsay made.  


 Here's some of the crazies enjoying dessert in the treehouse.  

Happy Birthday, Mom!  We love you!

1 comment:

Collette said...

I love your mom! Always have and always will! I loved that she treated me like one of her own and was always so welcoming and sweet to me. Happy birthday nancy!!