Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Halloween Party

This year, Halloween was the holiday that never quit.  It just kept going and going and going.  It started with a party that my friend, Chelsey, and I hosted at my house.  We invited our kids closest friends and their moms over for the event.  

The house we are renting here in Phoenix  lends itself well to the Halloween spirit.  Many of the walls are orange.  Super festive, I know.  Here's some of the decorations the my mom and I put up while she was in town the first weekend of October.  



This was so much cuter in real life.  It made me smile every morning when I came out to the kitchen and saw it.  



We had to put up our bats that we do every year.  





I thought this was so funny.  I have this picture of Lucy with her friends from when we lived in Lemoore.  Apparently, she and Graham would move the heart to cover each other's faces.  Sometimes I'd walk by and Lucy's face would be covered in this picture.  

Then, on another day, Graham's face would be covered in this picture.  All done without any words.  



Chelsey and I had so much fun making all the food for the party.  These owl cupcakes were my favorite part.  


Our skeleton veggie tray.



Here's my little ninja enjoying the good eats.


Benny liked to change up his costume a couple times throughout the party.  Here he's Batman....obviously.  




We played the mummy wrapping game.  Check out Madeline, dressed as Violet from Willy Wonka.  Too cute!



I even got into it and dressed up in an old Gladiator costume that Jason bought many moons ago.  


We took the crew down the street to the park to play some Halloween Bocci and Goblins and Ghosts.  


Madeline's brother, Jake, dressed as an Oompa Loompa. 


Lucy enjoyed herself.  


Benny freezing in our Ghosts and Goblins game (Red light/Green Light)


Lucy was a witch this year.  She wore the same costume she wore when she was 4.  She just wore leggings under the dress this time around.  I was thrilled!  



We had a great time!  I was super worn out when it finally ended and my house was a complete wreck, but it was totally worth it. 

No comments: