Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Graham's Big Day

We had a great time celebrating Graham-Bo's birthday this year.  We were still relatively new to the Phoenix scene, so the partying possey was small, but we had a fun day.  

We found out early on that military gets in free to the Science Museum.  I took the kids on my own before school started and it just so happened to be on a day that was free for everybody.  Not cool.  Super crowded.  But, Graham really wanted to go back and I was excited to try it again on a slower day, so our day was planned.  We hit a McDonald's with a play place for lunch and then made our way to the museum.  


Here's Graham workin' it on the pulley system.  


I honestly think that Jason had the most fun out of all of us.  Here he is building a bridge with the huge Legos.  


Jason and I went head to head on the wheelchair race.  

I love his cheesy grin.  It's almost as big as the Lego dude's!


Graham was excited to bring his new friend, John, along.  He's in his kindergarten class at school and is in our ward, too.  



This is the best part of the museum.  There's a whole area devoted to water.  I wish I would have gotten a few more pictures.  Again, Jason had a fabulous time.  


We came home and enjoyed some brownies and ice cream.  As you can see, I go all out in the decorating department.  Yes, that's a number 6.


I sure love this guy.  I love that he was as happy as can be with his little party, even though he talked and planned many different grand celebrations in the weeks leading up to his special day.  He thought it was all so much fun and enjoyed every minute.  

3 comments:

Luke said...

How fun! That's such a good idea for a birthday. Happy Birthday to Graham. I can't believe how big your kids are. Has it been that long already? We need to get over there to visit.

Bethany

Jamie said...

Graham is such a character .. never a dull moment, when he's around! Oh and tell Jason I like his bright, orange shirt!

Brooke said...

I love all your birthday posts--and especially your awesome decorating! (This is probably because I fail most times at making any sort of birthday cake or birthday cookies, or anything with that much pressure to be good on a specific day)