Friday, February 3, 2012

Christmas in Utah Part II

I'm REALLY wanting to move on and blog about stuff from January, so I'm going to give a very brief summary of our Christmas celebration. I'm sure you'll get over it.....somehow.
The kiddos in their Christmas outfits. My mom made the ties and the skirt. I love the fabric she chose for our family. Lucy loves red, so she was very happy.
Benny in his Christmas jammies.
As good as we could get of Freddie, Benny, and Thomas.
All of the grand kids, with the exception of Archie.
Freddie, George, Graham, Thomas, Abby, Lucy, Ollie
Ella, Benny
Lucy was the angel in our nativity reenactment.
Love this picture. These are the scared shepherds, Ollie and George.
We were able to Skype with Jason for the Christmas Eve program we always do. It was nice, but also a little depressing because he was there, but certainly not there. This is when Graham sang his absolutely adorable Christmas songs that he learned at preschool.
George takes cello lessons. So cute! He was wonderful!
The kiddos in costume.
We were lucky enough to have Shellie and Cody with us on Christmas Eve. The got engaged the next day. We are all THRILLED!
I love this picture of Ben-O. This boy makes me smile and laugh all day long.

Our Christmas Eve program was very special, as always. I treasure all of our traditions that we have for the evening. Dinner by candlelight, the nativity play, Dad singing "Oh Holy Night", Blaine and Lindsay singing, and Beth, Heidi, and I singing "Oh Hush Thee My Baby". Now that there are grand kids, I love that they are all starting to perform and be a part of it all. It's always a little crazy with everyone there, but we absolutely love it and wouldn't have it any other way.

3 comments:

Allison said...

I didn't know you guys do programs! We Taggarts always do programs it seems and JayDee think we are absolutely crazy. I'm glad to know we aren't the only family out there still holding on to those "crazy" traditions. :)

Aimee said...

Glad I got to be a part of your Christmas in Utah, it was good to see you.
I read your comment on Brooke's blog. If you're going to live in a cul-de-sac with Brooke I want to live there too!

Luke said...

Lucy's hair is so cute! I'm glad you got to spend Christmas with family. Miss you guys.

Bethany