Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Benny's Big Birthday Bash

Okay, so it wasn't much of a bash, but it sounded good for the title.

Isn't this the most adorable 2 year old you've ever seen? His birthday was actually back in October, but who's counting, right?
Benny's big day landed on "church day", so we put on his little outfit and pinned on his birthday pin so everyone at church would know it was his big day.
Sweet brothers......most of the time. Graham informed me just today that he had "great news". He said, "I love Ben now!" About two weeks ago he informed me that he had "great news", too. "I like Benny now!" It only took a little over 2 years, but oh well.

Here's my sweet boy with his birthday cake. I LOVE this picture. He always smiles so big for me. He was so happy about his cake.
Enjoying his cake and ice cream.
Not sure what he was saying here, but the kids always laugh their heads off when they see this picture on the screensaver.
Benny loves his Pillow Pet. He calls it "Piyo Pet". He has added it to his list of things he has to sleep with.
He was super excited about his new pirate ship. As soon as he unwrapped it, my friend, Laurie said, "Oh man! We just sold that exact same thing at our garage sale yesterday!" Bummer! We could have paid 2 bucks instead of $25!

I was so glad the Jarvis' family came to celebrate with us. We sure love their little family. Here's Benny with his best buddy, Caylee. They are so fun together.

This little man makes my life so much sweeter. There are moments when I don't think I can do another bedtime or mealtime on my own without Jason, but then Benny will say something hilarious or start dancing and I realize that life is good and his absence is only a teeny tiny moment compared to the eternity our family has together. It's rough, but it's okay. I can do hard things.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Benny is the cutest 2yr old on the planet! I love my little nephew to pieces! Can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks, or is it 3?