Monday, October 24, 2011

11 Years Ago Today.....

11 years ago today, my sweetheart asked me to marry him. This is a picture of a picture in my old scrapbook. Look how young we are! I've been thinking about this day all week. I had big plans to send Jason an incredible package, but life got in the way, so he just got an email from me instead.

I'm the luckiest woman in the world. I knew it then and I'm even more sure of it now. I never would have dreamed that 11 years into our marriage, J would be in Afghanistan for the second time and I'd be struggling to keep afloat at home with three kids on my own. I've learned, again, how much I love the man I married and how he makes my life so much better. He reminds me, just with his presence, to be happy.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

He IS a very happy guy, and really is, as close to perfect as a human being can be..we're all very lucky to have him in our lives.

He is totally lucky to have you as well. I'm so happy for the both of you, that he picked you!

Tanna said...

We got engaged the day before! I remember meeting up in class and both having new rings. We did get lucky with such great guys. We've been missing you guys and can't wait to visit.