Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Hickman Half

During our summer trip to Utah this year, Jason and I wanted to do a half-marathon, but we didn't want to get up super early and drive to a random race a few hours away. So, we talked with the fam and organized a family race starting and ending right at Mom and Dad's house.


Here we are at the starting line.

Heidi, Lindsay, Blaine, Jason, Maggie, and Jason

Beth was supposed to run it, too, but she got sick the day before with the stomach trouble that was being passed around.

After the race, my bro. in law, Ryan Thompson, took some awesome pics.

Blaine design the logo for the shirts. They say, "The 1st Annual Hickman Half"

No Hickman family event would be complete without a quote from Adventures in Babysitting, so under that there's this line, "Well can you pick me up?"

Here we are at the end of the race.....aren't we cute?




Awesome picture. My Dad joined Heidi for a bit during the race.



Here we are at the finish line cheering in the kids. Lucy, Abby, and Oliver did a 2 mile run at the end.


Cute, cute Ella.

Ella and Graham


Benny







George, Abby, Graham, Ollie, Lucy


My adorable family

+ Shellie. We were lucky enough to have Shellie come party with us. The Hickman fam loves Shellie and we're so happy when she joins us.


Mom and Pop



The Thompson fam

The Herman fam (They are moving to Iowa on Saturday for medical school. I'm still a little bitter that they aren't moving to Cali.)

The Hickman fam


The Hickman Fam

Bryan, Chelsey, and baby Archer were sorely missed. Hopefully they wore their t-shirts in D.C. in honor of the event.


Sadly, these are the only pictures I have of our trip to Utah this year. I left my purse and camera at a McDonald's in Cedar City on the drive from California. Just know that we had a fabulous time and enjoyed our visit. It's always sooooo hard to leave.

3 comments:

Collette said...

So, so fun to see all of you. When ever I see, or hear, anything from adventures in babysitting I immediately think of watching and dancing to the opening song in your basement family room in Mtn. View. Fun times.

Emily K. said...

Such a great idea!! I tried to organize a little family run for when we get together this August, and no one jumped on board with me. Maybe if we were all as fit and trim as you all are, it would work!!

Beth and Jason said...

So sad I could not do it. Next year I will beat all of you!