Sunday, February 20, 2011

Love Will Keep Us Together.....

Our Valentines Day was fabulous! We had a great time celebrating at the Ray house. The kids came downstairs that morning and were surprised to see the gifts we got for them.
My Mom and Dad always got us books for Valentines Day, so we started the same tradition a few years ago. My choices were a hit! Lucy got The Kiss That Missed and a book from the Magic Treehouse series. Graham got a Dinosaur Dictionary and That’s Good, That’s Bad (a book about a kid with crazy adventures in a zoo). The bigger excitement came when they realized they each got a whole box of their favorite sugar cereal (we usually only have Honey Nut Cheerios and Life).

Gotta show you a picture of the pom-poms I made. Beth and Jason made some for me to hang at Christmas and I decided it would be fun to do different ones for each holiday. Shades of green are next.

Being the incredibly creative mother that I am, I cut Lucy's PBJ into a heart. I know, I'm great. She's so lucky to have me.

As you can see, Lucy got Cookie Crisp and Graham got Trix. I forgot to get something for Ben, so Jason put a bow on one of his Gerber Yogurts.

Later that morning, the boys and I came out from the gym and found the inside of my van full of at least 200 cut out hearts. They were everywhere! Jason left a sweet note and a dozen roses, too. It was such a nice surprise.

That afternoon, Lucy spoiled me with handmade Valentines and she even shared her candy from school with me (she knows how much I love the sweet stuff).

Jason and I waited to have dinner after the kids were in bed. He grilled us some steaks and we ate and watched Runaway Bride (the movie we were watching when we first held hands). J bought a ton of different kinds of candy and put them in little bowls so I could make my own penny candy sack.

It was a fabulous day! I’m mad that I failed to go stock up on conversation hearts. Probably too late by now. Lucy’s in bed…..maybe I’ll go check out her stash from school.

3 comments:

Allison said...

Isaac got the "That's Good, That's Bad" book for his birthday last year from his grandma and I have had to read it about 10 zillion times. He loves it! I on the other hand don't and it took me quite a few reads to figure out exactly what is good and what is bad. It could be that I'm just plain slow. It's a funny/weird book. Your valentine's looks like it was fun. Tell Lucy my girls LOVED her valentine. Thanks for thinking of them! :)

Lacey said...

That is awesome Maggie! What a fun surprise for you and I love the tradition of giving your kids a book! I may have to do that too. Love reading about your cute family!

Beth and Jason said...

The penny candy is my favorite part. Gotta love that Jason!!