Sunday, January 10, 2010

3 Decades Old.....YIKES!

30 year-old me
Well, I turned 30 yesterday. There wasn't a whole lot of drama on my part regarding this milestone in my life. Sure, I've got a few more wrinkles than I'd like and I'm pretty sure my metabolism got the, "she's turning 30" memo, but I'm just not too concerned about it. I guess I've known it was coming for a while (30 does come after 29, ya know).


I didn't get any good pictures of us celebrating, but we had a great time. We spent Saturday in Santa Barbara with our good friends, Erin and Tom Rendulic. They hired a babysitter for us at their house, so we just had little Benny with us. We shopped and had lunch. Santa Barbara is just such a beautiful place and it's only about a 45 minute drive. The weather here is absolutely FABULOUS right now. I think it was like 72 degrees on Saturday. I love it!


Yesterday we had the Rendulics, along with all of our neighbor friends over for cake and ice cream. It was nice to have people here to help us celebrate. I'm always a little bit sad on my b-day because I miss the extended fam, so it was fun having a houseful of kids running around and friends to visit with so was too busy to think about it as much.


All in all it was a great weekend and a fun birthday!



With the new year here and my 30th year beginning, I've decided to get serious about setting some goals and sticking to them. I was pondering my new age yesterday and thinking about whether or not I am the Maggie I want to be at this point in my life. In some ways, yes, but in far too many ways, there is definitely room for improvement. So, tonight for Family Home Evening we are talking about goal-setting and self-improvement. I hope to chart my course and come up with specific ways to reach my goals. Maybe, if you're lucky, I'll share them with you at a later date.

11 comments:

Kalleen at Second Street said...

Happy Birthday Maggie, I'm a bad friend. Hope you'll love me anyways.

Tanna said...

Happy Birthday Maggie. I wish we could have joined you and that fantastic weather. I'm LOVING your long hair. You're a beautiful 30!!

Niki said...

You look great!!!! Happy Birthday!

kingfoote said...

Congratulations on your accomplishment of three decades. You are now one third along your way to Ninety.

Jaime Boots said...

i love you!

Emily K. said...

You are beautiful!! Happy Birthday. You know that I have always remembered your birthday, from the good ol' Elementary days. Maybe because you were such a great friend. Welcome to the 30 club!

Amy Evans said...

You are so stinkin pretty Maggie! I hope you had a fabulous birthday!

Nells-Bells said...

happy birthday!! 30 was hard for me too...but i feel like i'm more serious about goals too.

About Me said...

I officially dont like you at all! not only do you look freaking fabulous after having a baby, but you look fabulous at 30! okay, I have to like you, we are related! :) you look great babe! Lucy looks more and more like you and Graham is a spitting image of his father! Take care babe! Love ya tons!

L said...

Phew! I forgot to leave you my e-mail. I am glad you remembered to add me to your list :)

I LOVE your hair. It is getting so long! And you look amazing. I love you and Lucy. So sweet.

Steve and Kim... said...

happy belated birthday!!! your picture is AWESOME...you really look so dang good.