Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Graham's One-liners

This kid is crazy! He says the funniest things and makes me laugh every day. I've kept on the fridge a list of goofy things he's been saying and I want to record them in a not-so-temporary place. Here they are:
  • "Hey! Get off on me!" (He usually says this when Jason is pretending he doesn't see him on the couch and sits on him or when he and Lucy are rough-housing.)
  • "Kissing is wiwwy gwoss!" (Translation: Kissing is really gross! He gets sooo mad when we kiss him on the cheek.)
  • "Is Ben back in your belly?" He asks this when Ben has gone to bed and he hasn't seen him in a while.
  • "A goin' to Disneyland?" (Imagine him saying this in the most whiny voice possible. He asks every day if we are going to Disneyland.)
  • "I'm wiwwy not happy with you!" (I think he hears this one too often from Mom.)
  • "It's too fair!" (This one is typically said when he's ticked off about not being able to watch TV or something equally annoying.)

And my all-time favorite that makes me laugh every time: "Nuffin' a do..." (translation: There's nothing to do. I don't think he really gets what it means because he says it when we are just sitting down to dinner and he doesn't want to come to the table or when we're getting ready to leave the house. He learned it from Lucy. When she says it, it's not so cute.

He's growing too fast and I find myself rushing and rushing around without really listening to him and enjoying him at this age. I'm going to try to be better at that.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I've done that before, jotted down funny things, that my kids say--the only way I can remember!