Thursday, June 25, 2009

Party Time!

A few weeks back we were invited to our friend, Caleigh's birthday party. The Sare's were our neighbors in Lemoore and they were visiting family in Heber and decided to celebrate her birthday while in town. Here's Caleigh and Lucy. Lucy found some old glasses that I wore in 5th and 6th grade. (Yes, I know....they're huge. My mom keeps telling me they were in style then.) Well, I took the lenses out so Lucy could where them for fun one day and that one day turned into at least a week.
Here's Grambo enjoying his ice cream cone.

Behind the house there were some cows that Graham really wanted to pet (he says pep). Dave climbed the fence and waled with Graham over to the animal. Mama cow would have none of it. She backed away the closer and closer they got.
Caleigh, Audrey, Lucy and Graham
The kids had a ball playing with their old friends. I had a great time visiting with Tara and Dave and meeting their families. We miss seeing them everyday and were so glad they invited us to their get together.
More on the glasses situation: Lucy seriously wore them everywhere. She begged me to let her wear them to school and claimed that she couldn't see very well without them (there weren't any lenses in them). We finally came to the agreement that she could wear them anywhere, but church and school. She wore them ALL THE TIME. When we were in the car driving, she'd ask me how I thought she looked. Frequently we would discuss whether they looked better down lower on her her nose or pushed up to the top. I was worried that the phase would last forever, but then I was a little sad when it ended after a week. She keeps me laughin'!




4 comments:

Kelli said...

Hey Maggie! I'm so glad you guys got to get together!

It's been a while since I've been in to check up on y'all. It looks like you've been keeping busy and having a lot of fun. I can't believe how grown up Grahm is getting and how much he's beginning to look like Jason. And Lucy's picture with you after tumbling looks a lot like you.

Do you know what you're having yet?

Lot's of love!
Kelli

Kelli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tanna said...

Those glasses are great! Sounds just like Lucy.

Collette said...

The glasses are classic. I think I even remember you wearing them!