Monday, August 25, 2014

More Summertime Randomness

Summer usually means sleeping in.  Benny and Sully missed that memo.  I started my days around 6:00 am with these two crazies and the other two joined a couple hours later.  


I decided to snag a couple pictures when I realized I had two superheroes in my midst.  


The kiddos weren't  extra sick this summer, but it seemed like we spent a lot of time at the clinic here in Sigonella.  The dental office is in the same building, so with Lucy's braces and Sullivan's well baby checks, we had an appointment almost every week, it seemed.  On this particular day, we were checking out Graham's ears.  He still has tubes, but one ear still gives him trouble.  


Our Fourth of July celebration was pretty low key this year.  We spent the day at home and then made our way over to NAS 1 for some celebrating.  There were the usual bounce houses and food vendors.
  
Grandma and Grandpa sent the annual Old Navy t-shirt for each of us.  Graham and Ben were excited to be twinners!

The highlight of the evening was a concert from David Cook!  I was actually pretty excited to see him.  He was the winner of American Idol the year that David Archuletta competed.  That was back when American Idol was fun to watch.  


He was touring a lot of different bases and we were lucky enough to host him for the Fourth.  He put on a great show!


And of course, the fireworks!


Sick Benny.  He got a fever that held on for almost three days.  No fun.  We rented The Lego Movie and I'm pretty sure he watched it seven times.  Not exaggerating.  Everything was not awesome.  Ha.


We got creative during a few of the longer days.  I told the kiddos to build a fort to play in.  That translated into Mom building a fort for them to play in.  
This one stayed up for a few days.  

I love my boys with long hair, but when a couple of the families on our street found out they had lice, all bets are off.  The big heads of hair had to go.  Here's Graham pre-haircut.  


We spent a couple hours at the arcade in the Porti Di Catania mall.  Graham post haircut.  



Notice Lucy's hair pulled back tight and Benny's super short do, too.  I don't think I let Lucy wear her hair down for almost three weeks.  Mine was in a bun for over a month.  We sprayed their hair with tea tree oil spray every morning.  Our house smelled like Malelueca, but we didn't get lice.  KNOCK ON WOOD.

I attended the baptism of Gannon back in July.  It was an hour away in Siracusa, so Jason stayed home with the kids and I went with Susanna.  I LOVE the Elders we have right now.  Elder Barone and Elder Fossa.  We've only had them to dinner once, but they are so sweet and funny.  Elder Fossa is Italian and his sister actually served in our branch a few months ago.  


After the baptism, some of us went to dinner.  The food was great, but the view was amazing!  It was right on the coast up on a cliff.  

Lots of night games were played on our block this summer.  I was able to get Benny to slow down for a quick picture.  Love this tan beach boy of mine.  

Here's Graham, mid-run.

I feel very blessed to be able to stay home with my kiddos every day.  There were days this summer when I would have sung a different tune, but I am grateful for the time I had with them.  It seems like now we are going, going, going with soccer, swim, homework, etc.  I learn so much from each of them and I'm so happy they are mine.  

No comments: