Tuesday, July 3, 2012

IOWA

 Still playing catch-up....some things never change.

Back in May I was lucky enough to go visit my sister, Beth, and her family.  Her husband, Jason, is attending medical school there.  I got to go all by my lonesome and I LOVED IT!
 Got to spend some quality time with this cute guy.  Thomas is hilarious.  This kid keeps Beth and Jason hoppin' all the time, so it's a really good thing he is absolutely adorable.  He's always movin' and getting into something.  He kept me laughing the entire trip.  
 We spent an afternoon at the annual Tulip Festival that is held a few towns away.  It's like a trip to Holland.  There's a parade and Dutch food everywhere.  The tulips bloomed early this year, so we didn't see much of the celebrated flower, but we had a great time.


I had my first funnel cake.  Can you say love?  It's all I have thought about since that amazing moment.  


What a great trip!  As always, my favorite times were when we were just hanging out and talking.  I fell in love with Iowa, which was unexpected.  Des Moines is beautiful!  So green and small town like.  My brother, Blaine, was there for a few of the days, too.  We laughed A LOT.  By the way....don't go see the movie Mirror Mirror.  Horrible, horrible movie, but we had a great time making fun of it as we were the only ones in the theater.  

No comments: