Friday, May 18, 2012

Lucy's Injury

This picture makes me laugh every time I look at it. 
Lucy Jane had a run in with the cement last month.  She was riding the skateboard on her belly and hit a bump.  The board stopped, she did not and she slammed her mouth into the sidewalk.  No one was with her when it happened, so she came in with lots of blood all over and her lip thrashed up.  I didn't panic (which is blog post worthy in and of itself).  My cousin, Jaime, was here, thankfully.  She and I tried to decide if she needed stitches or not.  Her lip was ripped open and her front tooth was chipped pretty badly.  We decided we needed another opinion, so I drove down the street to my friend, Joan's, house.  She encouraged me to take her to the ER, so we loaded up and made our way to the hospital.  She was actually pretty tough about it.  I was proud.  She only got nervous and teared up when they pinned her arms back so they could give her a shot and stitch her up.  Two stitches and a very, very swollen lip later we made our way home.
I wish I would have gotten more pictures.  It was a lot more swollen than this the first couple of days and really looked painful.  The sad part is that her baptism was just two days later.  My parents were on their way to our house when she kissed the concrete.  

No comments: