Thursday, March 1, 2012

DADDY!!!

YES! He's home! We are doing wonderfully and are so happy to have our family back together again. It was such a fun few days building up to his homecoming. Lucy had made a count down from 14 days. It was fun to see the kids get excited about it and realize that it was really going happen. He really was coming home.
His flight of about 300 Seabees was scheduled to come in at 4:00 pm, but that morning we were told he wouldn't be coming in until 7:00 pm. We were sooo ready to have him home, so we were disappointed. I spent the day cleaning and prepping the house for his arrival. I told Lucy I would get her out of school an hour early so she could help me get ready.
About an hour before we left to go to the air field, we found out he was coming in at 6:35, so I sped up our schedule and loaded the kiddos up to make our way out to Point Mugu. We were so excited!
In true Maggie fashion, we were one of the first people there. A full hour early to be exact. So shoot me. As you can see, Lucy wasn't amused.

Benny, on the other hand, was a happy boy. He was all over the place. Once it got dark and there were tons of people there, I actually lost him for a solid 2-3 minutes. It was scary and very stressful, but when I asked for some help, I was able to locate the little guy.

Still waiting. Benny was thrilled to be taking pictures.

There's the smile I was waiting for! Goldfish in hand. All is well.

Cannot wait!! At this point, we could see the plane flying towards us in the distance. It took WAY TOO LONG for the plane to land and to start unloading our peeps.
Here's Graham with one of his friends, Camden. He was waiting for his Daddy, too.
Oh my goodness!

There's that smile!
My man where he belongs........with me!


7 comments:

Aimee said...

okay, now I'm crying. I'm so glad he's back with you guys!

The Cooper's said...

Totally crying too. SO SO happy for you guys.

Stephanie :) said...

Maggie I'm so happy for you!! YAY!!

Luke said...

We are all so happy for you! These pictures bring back some seriously emotional memories. We miss you so much.

Bethany

L said...

What a GORGEOUS, complete family!!! I love the pictures and am so glad he's home safe. You are one of the most amazing people I know. Congrats to both of you on finishing 2 tours! And thank you to both of you for your service. Love you!!!

PS There is still an opening in our hotel room for Women's Conf ;)

Brooke said...

Yup- I'm crying to. I loved all the pictures and buildup to the big event. I'm so happy he's back home with you and the kiddos.

The Evans Clan said...

Wow you guys are rockstars for serving in the military, we're so proud of you! Jason looks so skinny! (as do you Maggie, of course) :) You're awesome to serve our country! Glad he's back home with you!