Saturday, February 20, 2010

Where does the time go??

Ben-O hit the 4 month mark on the 16th and as you can see, he's a healthy little guy! In some ways it seems like the time has flown by, but it's so hard to remember what life was like before he joined our fam.



I don't have his stats for the month until his appointment for next week. People are always a little shocked when I tell them how old he is. Most assume he's 6 or 7 months.



He is such a smiley guy. His grin goes from ear to ear and we can't get enough of it. It's been fun to watch him interact with Lucy and Graham. Lucy just has to look at him and he lights up. He's very patient and doesn't cry a whole lot. When he does fuss, it usually just sounds like he's complaining or whining (takes after his older siblings in that department). We're still having a little trouble when it comes to sleeping. I can't complain too much, though. He's not a very good napper and likes to wake up around 5:00 am and fuss for a bit, but it's all manageable (that's the new "go with the flow" Maggie talkin'.....we'll see how long that lasts).



I kiss that sweet face all day long! Our lives have changed so much since this little man joined our family. He is already teaching me so much about myself. Everyone warned me that the third child would send me for a loop and they weren't kidding! This parenting thing has taken a major jump into overdrive these past few months, but I'm starting to feel like maybe I CAN get up every morning and be the Mom to these crazy kids I've been blessed with.

10 comments:

Tanna said...

Maggie,
He's too cute. I sure hope the time goes by quickly for you while Jason is gone. It was good talking to you the other day. I can't wait for Spring Break!

Lemme said...

he's so cute!! and good luck with the "go with the flow" attitude...it's fun!

L said...

I feel so out of the loop, where is Jason? You are amazing!!! Ben is so beyond cute. His pictures make me happy!

Emily K. said...

I'm glad you got warned about the 3rd child throwing you. Nobody told me that 3 is so hard, and, it took me way too long to adjust. He is a doll. I'm happy that you are doing so well. My never sleeps EVER. I figure he will someday, and I just snuggle him, and snuggle him.

Stephanie :) said...

Ben sounds like Wyatt in that he is a good fun baby all day long, but the sleeping at night still isn't going well for us...I mean me- I'm sure he is happy to get up and eat so much during the night. :) It's so great that babies are just so darn cute and loveable! Otherwise...who knows what would happen! lol

Mom said...

What a sweetie!!! I miss seeing his smile everyday. He is such a good baby. I only heard him really cry once while we were there!

Kindred Family said...

He's darling Mag! I love that big smile.

The Cooper's said...

Oh my gosh Maggie. He is so dang cute! That smile is just the most adorable thing ever! I'm with ya on the no sleep issue, if you figure something out that works, let me know!

Aimee said...

Ben's smile lights up his entire face, he's too cute! You definitly have some adorable kiddos.

Jamie said...

Ben is such a cutie..how can anyone be sad when he's there to cheer everyone up with that grin!